When business disputes arise that can’t be resolved with compromise or negotiation, litigation may be the only remedy. While there are many risks with litigation — it is costly, time-consuming and disruptive — we help businesses in a cost-effective and strategic manner.
Best Best & Krieger LLP combines legal, regulatory, business and industry knowledge and experience with litigation skill to give clients a decisive edge when negotiating and litigating resolutions.
Our attorneys have successfully handled disputes regarding complex and diverse matters in courts at all levels, before regulatory bodies, administrative boards and legislatures, and at the negotiating table. We also skillfully employ all forms of alternative dispute resolution, including arbitration, mediation and negotiated settlement.
We start each representation by gaining an understanding of our clients’ issues and goals to establish realistic expectations and offer guidance that helps clients arrive at the best course of action.
Our litigation teams are appropriately staffed to deliver cost-efficient, effective legal solutions based on each client’s specific needs and goals. We utilize the latest technologies to streamline document review, efficiently manage litigation and enhance the presentation of evidence in court.
Our trial attorneys routinely negotiate and litigate against some of the largest firms in the world. We have successfully handled disputes involving such matters as:
- Antitrust claims
- Corporate governance and director & officer liability
- Legal and regulatory compliance
- Business contracts & transactions
- Environmental issues and liability
- Government contracts
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Labor & employment, including union negotiations
- Employee benefits & executive compensation
- Tax controversies
- Intellectual property
- Securities, finance & banking
- Mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances & other business combinations
- Real estate & construction
- Bankruptcies & insolvency
- Corporate restructuring & reorganizations
- Divestitures and dissolutions
Recognizing that prevention is generally best, our attorneys work proactively with clients to identify risks, advising on contract provisions, reviewing policies and practices, and offering strategies to avoid litigation. We also help clients with establishing litigation preparedness protocols regarding document retention and organization, discovery readiness and witness preparation.