From environmental concerns, regulatory restrictions and permitting issues to due diligence, contract negotiation, and disputes over property rights and uses, many concerns can arise in real estate. Addressing all the issues can be complex and daunting, but absolutely necessary.
Best Best & Krieger LLP’s real estate attorneys advise on real estate assets, policy and investment strategies. We negotiate, document, structure and restructure real estate acquisition, sales, finance, leasing, property management and development contracts for commercial, retail, office, industrial, residential and mixed-use properties and projects.
Comprehensive Service & Unrivaled Experience
Leveraging the skill of our public and private finance, litigation, bankruptcy and business transaction attorneys, among others, and the knowledge and experience of our leading Business, Environmental Law & Natural Resources, Municipal Law and Special Districts teams, we offer unrivaled proficiency and comprehensive service at affordable rates. With eight offices throughout California, we offer the right combination of skills, statewide knowledge and connections to help clients get complex deals done efficiently.
Representing commercial property owners, residential and commercial developers, tenants, lenders and borrowers, pension funds, investors, corporations and public agency clients, BB&K assists on all types of development projects. We advise on and resolve disputes related to:
- Acquisition, investment and dispositions
- Development, redevelopment and construction
- Due diligence
- Distressed properties, bankruptcies, reorganizations and loan workouts
- Public and private finance and refinancing/Mello-Roos bonds
- Environmental issues, including CEQA and NEPA compliance, state and federal Clean Water and Clean Air acts, Endangered Species Act and other applicable laws
- Affordable housing
- Residential and commercial common-interest developments
- Land use, zoning, permitting and entitlements
- Transportation, infrastructure and port projects
- Dry utilities, alternative energy and power purchase agreements
- Transactional real estate matters, title reports, escrow issues and boundary disputes
- Tax issues and tax credits
- Fees, assessments and exactions
- LAFCO, annexation and Williamson Act
- Special districts and municipal issues
- Public-private partnerships
- Prevailing wages and project labor agreements
Our attorneys coordinate with the transaction parties, local, state and federal agencies, engineers, and environmental and economic consultants to assure that all issues are addressed. When disputes arise, we effectively resolve them in and out of court.