The cornerstones of any successful business are its assets, relationships, transactions and financial strength. Securing and leveraging each requires careful business planning and strategic deal structuring.
Since the firm’s inception 125 years ago, Best Best & Krieger LLP has advised on and handled business transactions for nonprofits, entrepreneurs, privately owned and closely held businesses, and large companies with national and international operations. Our clients are from a wide variety of industries, including biomedical, aerospace, manufacturing, retail, technology and telecommunications, medical and other professional services, construction, automotive, agribusiness, real estate, and many others. We offer counsel throughout our clients’ business lifecycle, from pre-formation considerations through all growth stages, including succession planning and sale.
BB&K attorneys are available and responsive when clients need us, and we pride ourselves on offering personal service and outstanding attention to detail at affordable rates. Drawing on the experience of practitioners throughout the firm, we ensure that specific legal, regulatory, subject matter and industry knowledge inform our clients’ business deals.
Comprehensive Guidance & Service
Routinely negotiating deals opposite some of world’s largest law firms, BB&K lawyers prepare, structure, close and enforce transactions integral to our clients’ business success. These include:
- Business operations, maintenance and management agreements
- Construction contracts
- E-commerce agreements
- Employment, consultant and outsourcing agreements, as well as nondisclosure and noncompetition agreements and union contracts
- Executive compensation arrangements
- Equipment leases
- Financing arrangements, including all types of acquisition finance, equity and debt finance and project finance, and all lender/borrower agreements
- Government contracts
- Insurance coverage and indemnification agreements
- Intellectual property licensing and R&D sharing/collaboration agreements
- Franchise agreements
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- Real estate acquisition, development-related leasing and sales agreements, easements and rights of way
- Shareholder and partnership agreements
- Restructurings and reorganizations
- Vendor, supplier and distribution contracts
- Technology transactions
We also assist in due diligence investigations, development of standard terms and conditions for the sale of goods and services, and valuation of asset and businesses for acquisitions, sales and workouts.
Further, our attorneys provide strategic guidance regarding corporate governance concerns, tax, risk management, corporate securities issues, reporting requirements and regulatory compliance, environmental, antitrust and other regulatory restrictions, and many other issues that may impact a transaction. When disputes arise, our business litigators represent clients in courts at all levels, as well as in arbitrations, mediations and settlement negotiations.