Kendall MacVey has a great depth and breadth of litigation experience, which includes winning eminent domain, inverse condemnation, fraud, insider trading and antitrust cases before judges and juries in state and federal courts. As a partner in Best Best & Krieger LLP’s Riverside office, Ken handles complex, high-stakes litigation on behalf of public entities. In 2013, the Daily Journal named Ken one of the Top 20 Municipal Lawyers in California and recognized him for one of the Top Verdicts, Top 20 Defense Results in California.
Ken represents both private and public clients in court and before the California Public Utilities Commission, where he often appears for evidentiary hearings, oral arguments and full briefings involving ratemaking and other proceedings on behalf of public entities. He prepares amicus briefs on behalf of such organizations as the League of California Cities, the California Special Districts Association and other public entities.
Prior to joining BB&K, Ken was lead counsel in prosecuting federal antitrust and unfair competition civil law enforcement cases of national and industry-wide scope, including antitrust cases in the record and motion picture industries.
Ken makes serving his community a priority:
- Served as the chair of the Los Angeles County Bar Association’s Antitrust Section, where he was the first and only person outside of Los Angeles County to hold this position
- Served as president of the Inland Empire Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, which honored him for his leadership and dedication in 2016
- Selected as attorney-representative to the U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals judicial conference and appointed by federal judges to serve on panels for the selection of magistrate and bankruptcy judges
- Served an appointment to the Standing Committee for Discipline for the U.S. District Court in the Central District of California
- Chaired the opening ceremonies committee for the new federal courthouse in the Eastern Division of the Central District in Riverside
- Served an appointment to the Central District’s Settlement Officer Panel
Ken taught classes on civil litigation and eminent domain at the University of California extension programs and other institutions. Ken spoke before the Appraisal Institute, the International Right-of-Way Association, the League of California Cities, the National Association of Housing Officials, the Antitrust Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association, and many other professional organizations throughout the state. He presented before the Appellate Judicial Attorneys Institute of the Judicial Council of California, served as faculty for the annual Continuing Legal Education International Conferences on Eminent Doman and has, for more than 10 years, moderated the annual Federal Civil Practice Seminar with federal judges of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California’s Eastern Division. He testified before the Joint Committees of the State of California Assembly on the history of eminent domain in California. He is admitted to all the federal courts in California and is licensed to practice law in California.
- University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, J.D.
- Occidental College, B.A., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa