At a Glance
Ed is managing partner of BB&K’s Sacramento office.
He is a frequent speaker on economic development, land use and redevelopment issues.
Ed represents local and international clients with regard to real estate and plant and equipment investments in the United States.
Edward J. Quinn, Jr. is a leading authority on land use law. He is a partner in the Municipal Law practice group of Best Best & Krieger LLP and is managing partner of the firm’s Sacramento office.
Ed represents private developers, cities and agencies throughout Northern California, and has assisted numerous Asian and European clients with regard to real estate and plant and equipment investments in the United States.
Prior to joining BB&K, he was a shareholder, chief executive officer and past chairman of the board of McDonough Holland & Allen in Sacramento. Ed is a frequent speaker on economic development, land use and redevelopment issues. He also lectured on international law, legal environment of business and business law for the University of Maryland, European Division. Ed is co-author of Redevelopment in California (Solano Press, 2d ed. 1995).
He served on active duty in the U.S. Air Force from 1972-1985 and in the U.S. Air Force Reserve from 1985-1995, retiring in the grade of Lt. Colonel. He is admitted to practice law in the State of California.
- Harvard Law School, LL.M., international law
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- University of Pittsburgh, M.A.
- United States Air Force Academy, B.S.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Attorney of the Year, Land Use & Zoning Law, 2017
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Land Use & Zoning Law and Municipal Law, 2007-2017
- Sacramento Magazine Top Lawyers, Land Use & Zoning Law, 2015
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rated
- North Ridge Country Club, Board of Directors
- PRIDE Industries Foundation Advisory Board, Board member
- Sacramento Area Commerce and Trade Organization, past president
- Sacramento Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce, former ex-officio director
- Sacramento Area Commerce and Trade Organization’s Pacific Rim Committee, former chair
- International Trade Committee of the Sacramento Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce, past chairman
- Sacramento Country Day School, former trustee
- Sacramento Area Youth Golf, now The First Tee of Greater Sacramento, former Board member
Feb 1, 2017
BB&K Again a Top Sacramento Law Firm
Sacramento Business Journal’s 2017 Law Firm List
Aug 15, 2016
20 BB&K Attorneys Make Best Lawyers in America 2017 List
Two Named Lawyers of the Year
Aug 3, 2016
Sacramento Magazine Recognizes BB&K Partners
The Annual Top Lawyers List Includes Five Firm Attorneys
Jul 8, 2016
Congratulations to BB&K’s Attorneys on the Northern California Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
Eight Attorneys Recognized for Their Professional Achievements
Jan 26, 2016
BB&K Ranked No. 8 on Top Sacramento Law Firms List
Firm Moves Up Notch on Sacramento Business Journal’s Annual List
Aug 17, 2015
19 BB&K Attorneys Included on the 2016 Best Lawyers in America List
Partner Iris Yang and Of Counsel Joseph Coomes Selected as Lawyers of the Year
Aug 3, 2015
Seven BB&K Attorneys Appear on Sacramento Magazine’s 2015 Top Lawyers List
Voted the Best in Their Fields by Their Peers
BB&K In the News
Jan 27, 2015
The List: Law Firms
BB&K Ranks 9th on List of Largest Sacramento Law Firms, Plus 6th For Most Female Attorneys
Aug 19, 2014
Thirteen BB&K Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America© 2015 List
The Included Attorneys Practice in BB&K Offices throughout California