At a Glance
Ed is managing partner of BB&K’s Sacramento office.
He is a frequent speaker on economic development, land use and redevelopment issues.
Ed represents local and international clients with regard to real estate and plant and equipment investments in the United States.
Edward J. Quinn, Jr. is a leading authority on land use law. He is a partner in the Municipal Law practice group of Best Best & Krieger LLP and is managing partner of the firm’s Sacramento office.
Ed represents private developers, cities and agencies throughout Northern California, and has assisted numerous Asian and European clients with regard to real estate and plant and equipment investments in the United States.
Prior to joining BB&K, he was a shareholder, chief executive officer and past chairman of the board of McDonough Holland & Allen in Sacramento. Ed is a frequent speaker on economic development, land use and redevelopment issues. He also lectured on international law, legal environment of business and business law for the University of Maryland, European Division. Ed is co-author of Redevelopment in California (Solano Press, 2d ed. 1995).
He served on active duty in the U.S. Air Force from 1972-1985 and in the U.S. Air Force Reserve from 1985-1995, retiring in the grade of Lt. Colonel. He is admitted to practice law in the State of California.
- Harvard Law School, LL.M., international law
- University of Michigan, J.D.
- University of Pittsburgh, M.A.
- United States Air Force Academy, B.S.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Attorney of the Year, Land Use & Zoning Law, 2017
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Land Use & Zoning Law and Municipal Law, 2007-2017
- Sacramento Magazine Top Lawyers, Land Use & Zoning Law, 2015
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rated
- North Ridge Country Club, Board of Directors
- PRIDE Industries Foundation Advisory Board, Board member
- Sacramento Area Commerce and Trade Organization, past president
- Sacramento Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce, former ex-officio director
- Sacramento Area Commerce and Trade Organization’s Pacific Rim Committee, former chair
- International Trade Committee of the Sacramento Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce, past chairman
- Sacramento Country Day School, former trustee
- Sacramento Area Youth Golf, now The First Tee of Greater Sacramento, former Board member