Please Read This Carefully
2. Best Best & Krieger publishes this website as a service to our clients and friends for informational purposes only.
4. Best Best & Krieger LLP provides this website as a service to its clients and the internet community. This website contains information of a general nature. The information contained herein is not intended as legal advice and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Best Best & Krieger LLP or any of its attorneys, employees or clients. While the information in this website is updated periodically, additional facts or future developments may affect subjects contained herein and no guarantee is given that the information provided is correct, complete, or up-to-date. Seek the advice of an attorney before acting or relying upon any information in this website.
5. In some jurisdictions this website, or portion of this website, may be considered ATTORNEY ADVERTISING. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Results depend upon a variety of factors unique to each representation. Any results portrayed here were dependent on the facts of the particular matters and the results will differ if based on different facts. Unless otherwise indicated, attorneys listed on this website are not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon written information about our qualifications and experience. Best Best & Krieger has endeavored in good faith to comply with all known legal and ethical requirements in compiling this website.
6. The information on this website is not intended to be used as a substitute for specific legal advice or opinions. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED THROUGH YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE. Unsolicited information sent to Best Best & Krieger by individuals who are not clients of the firm is not subject to any duty of confidentiality. Please do not send information via this website that is confidential or secret. Best Best & Krieger and you must agree that there is an attorney-client relationship. Until such a relationship exists, Best Best & Krieger will assume that any information you send us is not confidential and cannot be held accountable for the security and privacy of such information.
7. Electronic mail is provided as a convenience in communicating with the legal professionals at Best Best & Krieger LLP. Contact by e-mail does not alone create an attorney-client relationship. If you contact the firm by e-mail regarding a matter in which the firm does not represent you, any information you communicate may not be treated as privileged or confidential. Please remember internet e-mail is not secure and messages sent to the firm or any of its employees should not contain sensitive or confidential information unless the messages are adequately encrypted.
8. This website may contain links to other resources on the Internet. Those links are provided as citations and aids to help you identify and locate other Internet resources that may be of interest. They are not intended to state or imply that Best Best & Krieger sponsors, is affiliated or associated with, or is legally authorized to use any trade name, registered trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in such links. If you use these links, you do so at your own risk.
9. Best Best & Krieger attempts to ensure the information it provides in this website is accurate and current. However, notwithstanding these efforts, the website may occasionally contain information that is not complete or up to date. The firm makes no representation as to accuracy of any information on this site.
10. Your use of this website and its information is at your risk. If you are dissatisfied with the website and/or the information, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue accessing and using this website.
11. The information and materials Best Best & Krieger provides in this website may be protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and/or other intellectual property laws. Best Best & Krieger reserves all rights in these materials and information.
12. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: THIS SITE AND ALL GOODS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, AND MATERIALS MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, AND Best Best & Krieger DISCLAIMS ALL STATUTORY OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, TERMS, AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE AND ALL SERVICES, INFORMATION, AND MATERIALS MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING THE REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, AND TITLE. Best Best & Krieger MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT THE SITE (OR ANY PART THEREOF) WILL BE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR ERROR-FREE. YOU HEREBY AGREE THAT YOU BEAR ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING ANY RELIANCE ON THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS Best Best & Krieger HAS MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE.
13. Best Best & Krieger WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE, NOR FOR ANY DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF OTHER INTANGIBLES, LOSS OF SECURITY OF INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE, OR UNAUTHORIZED INTERCEPTION OF ANY SUCH INFORMATION BY THIRD PARTIES. FURTHER, Best Best & Krieger WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR FROM ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS ON THE SITE. OUR MAXIMUM LIABILITY FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE SHALL BE THE TOTAL AMOUNT, IF ANY, PAID BY YOU TO US TO ACCESS AND USE THE SITE.
14. IT IS POSSIBLE THAT APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW FOR LIMITATIONS ON CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS OF CERTAIN DAMAGES; SOLELY TO THE EXTENT THAT SUCH LAW APPLIES TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS. IF APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF A PARTY’S LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY SUCH PARTY’S NEGLIGENCE, FRAUD, OR ANY OTHER MATTER, THEN SUCH PARTY’S LIABILITY WILL NOT BE LIMITED OR EXCLUDED TO THE EXTENT OF SUCH PROHIBITION UNDER SUCH APPLICABLE LAW.
Best Best & Krieger LLP values the privacy of its clients and website viewers. Any of the following personal information that may be made available to the lawyer or firm when browsing or navigating the site shall be kept confidential:
- First and last name
- Company, home, postal or other physical address
- Other contact information, for example, telephone number, fax number, email address, and other similar information
- Title or position in a company or an organization
- Personal interests
- Any other information needed to provide a service you requested
Examples of scenarios where our visitors provide their personal information include, but may not be limited, to:
- Emailing, calling or communicating with the lawyer or law firm.
- Posting a question or comment through the site.
- Requesting literature.
- Registering to attend a seminar or any event.
- Participating in an online survey.
- Requesting inclusion in an email or other mailing list.
- Submitting an entry for a contest or other promotions.
- Logging in to the site, thus requiring a user name and/or a password.
- Any other business-related reason.
Best Best & Krieger provides you the opportunity to agree or decline to give your personal information via the Internet. We will inform you of the purpose for the collection and does not intend to transfer your personal information to third parties without your consent, except under the limited conditions described under the discussion entitled “Information Sharing and Disclosure” below. If you choose to provide us with your personal information, we may transfer that information, within the law firm or to a third party service provider as necessary.
Domain Information Collection
We may collect domain information to enable us to analyze how our visitors use this site. This data enables us to become more familiar with which people visit our site, how often they visit, and what parts of the site they visit most often. Best Best & Krieger uses this information to improve its web-based offerings. This information is collected automatically and requires no action on your part.
Some pages on this site may use “cookies” — small files that the site places on your hard drive for identification purposes. A cookie file can contain information such as a user ID to track the pages visited, but the only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself. These files are used for site registration and customization the next time you visit us.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Your personal information is never shared outside the lawyer or firm without your permission, except under conditions listed below:
- Consenting to share your information to a third party service provider working on our behalf to serve you.
- Requiring us to provide you with a product or service.
We will also disclose your personal information, if required to do so by law, or in urgent circumstances, to protect personal safety, the public or our sites.
Best Best & Krieger strives to protect your personal information; however, we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters.
Protecting the Privacy of Children
Children under 13 years old are not the target audience for our website. To protect their privacy, we prohibit the solicitation of personal information from these children. If we receive personal information that we discover was provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly destroy such information. Schools and parents should supervise their children's online activities and consider the use of other means to provide a child-friendly, online environment. Additional information is available on the Direct Marketing Association's home page at http://www.the-dma.org. If you would like to learn more about COPPA, visit the Federal Trade Commission home page at http://www.ftc.gov.
Links to Third Party Sites
This site may contain links to other sites. We do not share your personal information with those websites and we are not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies.
We reserve the right to change, modify or update this policy at any time without notice. Any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information will be posted on this site.