The Bankruptcy and Insolvency practice group at Best Best & Krieger provides cost effective yet responsive services to its clients while enforcing the client's rights as a creditor or debtor in insolvency/bankruptcy proceedings.
Our Bankruptcy and Insolvency practice group includes attorneys, paralegals and staff who are experienced in representing creditors, trustees and debtors. We have substantial experience in all areas of bankruptcy including representing client's interests in the United States Bankruptcy Court, United States District Court, Bankruptcy Appellate Panel, and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Our bankruptcy attorneys handle all related litigation and negotiations. We have represented debtors, creditors, financial institutions, cities, and trustees in large Chapter 11 and 7 bankruptcies. Our representative list of clients is diverse. We assist clients by providing the following services:
- Representation of debtors or creditors in out-of-court "workouts"
- Chapter 11 debtor reorganization and restructuring
- Chapter 7 corporate debtor liquidation
- Chapter 11 and 7 creditor representation
- City and city agency representation in bankruptcy proceedings
- Representation of chapter 11 and 7 court-appointed trustees
- Creditor's rights issues
- Claim disputes and objections
- Collection and recovery of unsecured debt
- Foreign ancillary proceedings
- Representing creditor committees in workouts and/or reorganizations
- Negotiation of financing agreements, debt restructuring and loan workouts
- Adversary proceedings in bankruptcy court and related litigations
- Prosecution and defense of fraudulent conveyances, preferences and/or turnovers
- Automatic stay litigation
- Valuation disputes
- Interpleader actions
- Executory contract issues
- Debtors, lenders and committees in industrial and healthcare bankruptcies
- Acquiring assets from distressed or insolvent companies
- Executory contracts, leases and intellectual property rights
- Prosecution and defense of nondischargeability actions
- Preparation of proofs of claims
In addition, the Bankruptcy and Insolvency practice group includes attorneys who are active members of numerous state and national organizations and associations including the American Bankruptcy Institute and the California Bankruptcy Forum. The Bankruptcy and Insolvency practice group has seen one if its members ascend to the bench of the United States Bankruptcy Court and one of its current members a former Chapter 7 trustee.
For additional information, please contact Frank Adams, Bankruptcy practice group leader.