Henry Welles is chair of the Intellectual Property group and managing partner of the Indian Wells office of Best Best & Krieger LLP in the Palm Springs area. His practice involves litigation of trademark, copyright, patent infringement, unfair competition, and trade secret cases, as well as trademark registration, trade secret protection, Internet issues, intellectual property licensing, and copyright protection issues. These efforts include:
(1) Creative efforts in obtaining federal and international registration of marks that might appear to be problematic, such as a three dimensional product shape trademarks and two dimensional product outlines in a very crowded industries;
(2) Employing unique trademark watch techniques, including utilizing Internet online community discussion forums;
(3) Cease and desist notifications and Federal and State litigation to enforce trademarks and patents when necessary;
(4) Domain Name dispute resolution; and
(5) Customs watch notifications.
Mr. Welles further practices in the area of Trust and Estate Litigation, representing clients in California-based trust and estate litigation, conservatorships, and probate. Mr. Welles' practice includes extensive experience in:
(1) Trust and/or Will contests (Prob. Code §17200(a); Prob. Code §§8004, 8250, et seq.)
(2) Trust Administration Disputes:
- Petition for instructions (Prob. Code §17200(b)(6))
- Petition to remove trustee (Prob. Code §17200(b)(10))
- Petition to surcharge trustee (Prob. Code §17200(b)(12))
- Petition to interpret, construe, or reform the trust (Prob. Code §17200(b))
(3) Conservatorship litigation (Prob. Code §1400 et seq.)
Welles is a member of the Riverside County C.A.R.E. Team, which is a state-funded multidisciplinary task force devoted to the prevention of elder abuse.